Tuesday, December 29, 2020

MOMA FILM FESTIVAL 1: The Human Voice (Pedro Almodovar)


I feel very fortunate this year that I was able to obtain a free membership at my beloved MOMA..  I can now watch "The Contenders" series free of charge!

Firstly, I have never seen a 30 minute feature film from Almodovar before.1  I was intrigued since it has one of my favorite stars TIlda Swinton. in it.  I found out later that it was based on a play by Jean Couteau.  It's not bad as a short film but why did Almodovar want to shoot a short feature with Tilda Swinton in the first place?  Did he like Jean Couteau's play or was he simply interested in working with Swinton?

It's a one woman performance that obviously was unimaginable without Swinton.

I look forward to seeing many more films in this series.

Best Gift to Myself for 2020./2021!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...