Friday, February 19, 2021

Reading Haruki Murakami


What an interesting book!  A great peak at all my favorite translators of Murakami's fiction.  These translators are so much better than the Chinese translator that Murakami used for the Chinese translations.  I swear I've given up on all the Chinese translations once and for all...

Sadly, I don't think Murakami's new fiction is not as good as his old works.  His short stories are still worth checking out but his novels have lost their quirkiness!  Nevertheless, I am looking forward to his new short stories anthology "First Person Singular" coming out in April.  But David Karashima's book on his translators was such a good read that I didn't skip any of the sections!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...