Saturday, April 24, 2021

Klara and the Sun - The Idea of an ARTIFICIAL FRIEND


Why is there such an intense interest in AI all of the sudden?  I just finished cataloging a number of books on AI and then I read this.  I also started watching the TVB series on AI.  I used to think AI as being the perfect robot maid but now that's no longer the only reason he/she exists.  He/She is now a life companion and in these pandemic times, we need him/her more than ever!

Klara, also know as an AF, reminds me of a film I saw years ago while working at PBC.  Joaquin Phoenix was surprisingly good in "HER" who fell in love with her OS (Operating System).  Will an artificial friend replace a human friend in the future?  I think the whole idea is fascinating and I would love to try one!  Sign me up now...

The story reminds me of some of Ishiguro's earlier novels.  I think it's fabulous for these lonely times since none of us are comfortable going out dreading the virus.  Having an artificial friend who is caring and loving will certainly fill the void.  Especially for me 😔😔😔


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...