Friday, March 26, 2021

I'd Rather be Reading

 


It has been a little while since I last blogged.  The job has been keeping me busy.  I can't believe I am still at it since I've enjoyed my "spare time" reading and running to libraries.  I miss Mom and BB.  I can't believe I am not part of Queens Library anymore.  I really love working there because I've met such nice people even though sometimes the public can be crazy and demanding.  I may never work at a public library again...  😞😞😞😞😞

Anyway the book above is interesting and light.  I feel the same way about films.  I'd rather be going to the cinema.  When will the cinemas open here again?  It's so depressing.  I want a life that allows me to travel and go to movies.  Now I have nothing and no one to confide to.  Marie is the last person I want to confide to since she has grown ever so radical about politics and current events.  I don't mind meeting new people but we are still in the middle of a pandemic and there's no way I can make friends.

The only thing I can do is escape into books.  I have read quite a few and thank God for MOMA, I was able to stream so Oscar contenders.   Soon life will be back to some form of normalcy and I long to be in NYC for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...