Sunday, January 31, 2021

For the Love of Europe

 


I haven't watched a Rick Steves travel special in years.  When I was young, I used to enjoy watching his shows.  He was the all-American travel host but he wasn't an engaging host.  I never read any of his travel guides.  But this book is quite enjoyable.  All his entries about a certain place in Europe are short (no longer than 4 pages).  

I read a story recently in the New Yorker about the man Rick Steves.  It was a great profile about his life and views.  It was a great read.  

If you can't make it to Europe, the next best thing is filled yourself with stories and pictures about the continent.  I am losing hope day by day that I will never get to go anywhere until 2022.  How depressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...