Sunday, January 31, 2021

MOMA Film Festival 9: Mank

 


Yes.  It's a David Fincher flm.  I should love it because it's a David Fincher film.  It has Gary Oldman in it and I should love it more.  After all, Gary Oldman even played Beethoven at one time.  But (wait for it) I simply don't like it.  I am tired of seeing another feature that has an alcoholic as a main character.  And the guy who plays Orson Welles is despicable.  I have to say I will need to wait for the next David Fincher film before I can be passionate again.  Maybe it's made for Netflix.  I expect more from a film that is made for the classic cinema.  

This is no Rosebud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...