Monday, April 12, 2021

王家衛


 

Where are you?  

Remember when we used to discuss all the WKW’s films with such fervent enthusiasm?  

We thought that the fire within us will never burn out.  Was it passion or was it simply our pursuit of an “ideal love” that didn’t exist?

So many questions and so little time for answers.  I would look up in the sky and then realize we were no longer on the same wavelength anymore.  I could no longer finish your sentences nor could I read your mind like I once did.  You and I are on opposite shores now and there is nothing that connects us.  

I don’t expect anyone to understand our fondness for each other.  It really doesn’t matter.  As long as I know you were once a part of my life and you mattered.  You will always “matter” in my life and I’m sure you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turtle Warrior

I am now officially a TURTLE WARRIOR.  I will keep fighting until I get better from GBS.  My fingers tingle and my palms are always sweaty. ...